Chief Data Officer (CDO)
3DLOOK’s patented AI-first mobile body scanning technology is pioneering amazing new shopping experiences for some of the world’s biggest fashion brands and changing how consumers find, try on, and buy clothes that fit their unique body shape. With fashion and e-commerce on track to be a $1T sector by 2025, 3DLOOK is a driving force in delivering entirely new personalized and engaging digital shopping experiences at scale. 3DLOOK is on a mission to bring deeper levels of personalization to the consumer shopping experience by turning body data into business intelligence and remove the challenge of fit communication between consumers and the places they love to shop.
We are looking for a Chief Data Officer (CDO) to come in as a driving force and oversee the collection, processing and management of all types of data that are collected via our B2B and B2B2C solutions and internal tools. We are looking for a strategic leader who can scale our data analytics and engineering capabilities as we enter a period of exponential growth. In this role, you will define, embody, and empower the company’s data-driven culture.This person will lead the development of key data/ML products and capabilities to enable data-driven product development and decision making at 3DLOOK.
In this role you lead, nurture, and grow a talented team of analytics and data science professionals. You will build, own and execute on a long term Data Science strategy by working closely with Engineering & Product Management teams to fully integrate Data Science into our Product Strategy & roadmap. The work your team does will promote data science best practices across the company today and as we continue to scale. You will deliver transformational customer insights that drive marketing, content, product, and sales strategy. As CDO, you will be responsible for driving new business capabilities or solutions for the company, by using innovative approaches to managing existing or new types of data.
This is an amazing opportunity for an exceptional and experienced data leader to disrupt the future of online retail and make an impact on how millions of consumers shop as well as lead a data driven AI-first technology company to the next level.
In order to succeed in this role, you should have:
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science
- MS or PhD in quantitative fields (Statistics, Math, CS or Engineering) would be a plus
- 10+ years of machine learning, advanced analytics, or data science experience (e-commerce/retail big plus)
- 5+ years of management experience in leading global data & analytics teams
- Prior experience as a manager with a successful track record in building teams, defining goals and overseeing execution
- Hands-on experience in designing, developing, and maintaining data science, analytics and machine learning products and capabilities
- Proficiency in SQL and Python
- You are equally comfortable presenting to executives as you are writing complex SQL queries
- Experience solving business problems by turning raw data into actionable insights
- Strong knowledge of machine learning modeling concepts and experience designing and implementing data models for applications and/or reporting
- Experience designing impactful KPIs and metrics to measure operational performance
- Expertise with Business Intelligence/Data Visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau or others
- Experience with cloud related technologies AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Knowledge of data management and governance: data architecture, collection, storage (infrastructure), engineering and operations
- Demonstrated problem solving and quantitative skills, combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly skilled in the design, development and validation of descriptive, predictive, prescriptive and applied analytics
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the capability to translate complex technology and data into clear, concise, and unambiguous insights
- Hands-on leadership roles directly managing data and analytics teams
Your role and responsibilities will include:
- Presenting data-driven suggestions, product ideas, and strategies to positively impact the business to drive revenue, and to improve existing processes or to introduce new ones based on experience.
- Leading our entire data organization and taking the existing data infrastructure to the next level
- Working with R&D and product teams to creatively address data science/data analytics goals and challenges
- Driving the requirements of our data platform to enable data scientists to easily explore, evaluate, and analyze new data sets for key insights and to build high-performing data products.
- Initiating and identifying data driven opportunities for our technology to enhance product offerings
- Driving data consistency within a common framework and taxonomy to drive continued improvements to data-driven insights across the business
- Owning both the long-term technical data strategy and the day-to-day operations, including fostering innovation and implementing best practices
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to research, build & improve data science models and analysis to identify opportunities for product improvements, new product features, product utilization and improve customer experience, engagement, and retention
- Leading the creation of new data-driven approaches for the purpose of generating business insights through data analytics, information visualization, and addressing unanswered business issues in a proactive manner
- Leveraging the momentum of the business to create career defining growth opportunities for your team
- Ensuring that data architecture is scalable, repeatable, and secure, and can serve multiple users within the company
- Design data governance and security protocols
- Manage the vision and roadmap for the data team
- Represent the data science discipline throughout the organization. You will have a powerful voice in the company and represent data scientists across different parts of the business.