Data Engineering Manager
3DLOOK is changing the future of fashion e-commerce by creating technologies that let consumers easily find the perfect style and fit using their mobile devices. In this role, you will have the opportunity to build a data platform that will merge data from 3DLOOK’s fit modeling engine with cutting-edge consumer analytics to power the next generation of 3DLOOK products. Together with your team, you’ll design, build, maintain, and scale 3DLOOK’s data infrastructure, including collection, transformation, warehouse, and reporting.
Build and maintain the backbone of 3DLOOK’s future data infrastructure. Design and build the central data repository where data from all of 3DLOOK’s systems can be merged and optimized for reporting and visualizations. Select and implement event tracking and analytics services and data warehousing platforms. Build and maintain the central data layer that enables reporting on data merged from any system: production databases, event analytics, and backend systems such as CRM, marketing automation, billing systems, and so on. For internal reporting, select and implement the BI visualization tool to run on top of your data stack and lead your team in creating optimized staging data that ensures the performance of reports in that tool. For reporting and visualization surfaced to customers in the application, collaborate closely with engineering teams to choose optimized data structures.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, IT, Engineering, or related discipline, Master’s degree is a plus;
- 5 – 10 years of experience in Data engineering;
- Experience as a manager of people;
- Top-level SQL skills, experience with PostgreSQL is a plus;
- Experience with Python;
- Experience working with large, complex data sets;
- Experience with data warehousing platforms such as Snowflake, RedShift, or similar;
- Experience with event analytics platforms such as Segment, Amplitude, Fivetran, or similar;
- Experience enabling data visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker, or similar;
- Excellent communication skills.
- Create and maintain the data architecture that enables performant reporting and visualizations for use by all internal departments at 3DLOOK: Product, Sales, Customer Success, etc.;
- As the founding hands-on architect, evaluate and select platforms for event analytics, data warehousing, and data visualizations. Prior experience with multiple platforms is a plus;
- Lead a team to manage the growth, health, and performance of the data stack that you architect;
- Together with your team, design self-serve reports and database schemas that meet the needs of the business groups;
- Together with your team, create data visualizations and dashboards for metrics tracking by the business users;
- Serve the business’ reporting needs through ad-hoc data querying;
- For customer-facing reporting surfaced in 3DLOOK applications, collaborate closely with engineering teams on choosing data structures that are optimized for performance;
- Perform code review and create and ensure testing protocols within your team to ensure the accuracy and robustness of the data jobs;
- Maintain the performance of your data stack as 3DLOOK grows.
What we offer:
- Stock option plan;
- Investment in your growth and self-development;
- Competitive compensation;
- 20 working days of paid vacations and paid sick leaves;
- 10 remote days each month and one remote month from another country per year;
- Foreign language classes inhouse and communication with native speakers;
- Online fitness with a corporate trainer;
- Modern and conveniently located offices with good working conditions;
- Corporate, social, and cultural events.