VP of Engineering
3DLOOK is the global leader in AI-first mobile body measuring and virtual try-on solutions
Our vision is to help people easily solve their everyday tasks on their mobile devices by using their body data in different ways and applications. Our solutions enable innovative personalized shopping experiences based on a consumer’s unique body profiles to drive conversion and engagement and reduce returns for e-commerce brands and retailers. 3DLOOK has been recognized in Gartner® Hype Cycle™ for Retail Technologies, 2021, won the Digiday Technology Award and RTIH Innovation Award in 2021, LVMH Innovation Award, and the IEEE Retail Digital Transformation Grand Challenge in 2019, and was recognized as one of the 2020 Pioneers of the New World.
3DLOOK is looking for exceptional engineering executives to define corporate technology roadmaps and make executive technology decisions on behalf of the organization including managing a technology budget and making the necessary investments to align the organization with its vision for its technological needs. You must possess strong leadership and management skills, to be able to effectively assess the current engineering team and implement career development plans and effective recruiting strategy together with the VP of People. Working directly with the CEO and Chief Product Officer, you will act as both a technology and business expert, making decisions impacting current and future operations. As the VP of Engineering, you will oversee all technology and technological resources, and establish the technology vision, strategies, and growth plans. You will also lead system and quality assurance processes to ensure the protection of Utilities’ assets while maintaining and evolving technology needs.
- Providing technical leadership at the enterprise level and serving an integral role in operations and business development.
- Developing objectives and strategies for the implementation of innovative solutions while optimizing existing systems, applications, and information
- Making recommendations and presenting business advantages for technology initiatives and improvements
- Leading your team in identifying, comparing, selecting, and implementing technology solutions and partnerships to meet current and future needs
- Tracking and controlling the developments of annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing and technology operations
- Advocating and communicating technology capabilities internally and externally, including leadership, customers, partners, and vendors
- Sharing information and developing a collective understanding of programs and issues.
- Structuring technology policies, procedures, and standards to ensure organizational success.
- Making technology-related recommendations supported by data for policy adoption that includes analysis of current regulatory actions, technological innovations, and fiduciary considerations.
- Conducting research to remain up-to-date and knowledgeable regarding industry trends and emerging technologies in anticipation of new processes and system alterations, as well as to analyze and improve upon technology standards across the organization to maintain a technological advantage for teaching and learning.
- A computer science or engineering degree is required,
- A management degree is a big plus
- 10+ years of experience in executive leadership roles demonstrating a track record of technology innovation, design, development, and implementation.
- demonstrated success delivering customer-centric tools adding value to the end-user while also anticipating internal operational needs and providing tools that result in value-added services to the organization.
- Proven success building high-performing technical teams and working with rapid growth and implementing change
- Strategic thinking and effective communication skills
- Extensive hands-on agile and SDLC processes experience
- Experience of working in a SaaS software company
- Experience managing a diverse engineering team of at least 50+ people
- Recent off-shore team management experience is a big plus
- Hands-on experience with React/Python/ML stack is a big plus
VP of Engineering