A fearless adventure in knowing how to get measured properly when no one’s there telling you how to do it
We are frequently being asked on how to get measured correctly via our body scanning technology and get an accurate result. The answer is simple: accuracy depends on the way you take photos. Even though our AI is very intelligent – it can’t foresee the body under oversized clothes (yet). We do appreciate it when the person wears yoga pants and stands in the right poses. Simply put, in order to obtain precise body measurements or size recommendation from 3DLOOK, it is important to follow our guidelines! So how to get the perfect result? See below!👇
Or… proceed reading the manual here… 😊
What should you wear?🤔
The rule of thumb is simple: the more fitted clothes you wear – the more precise the results. Say yes to yoga pants, embrace your inner goddess! 🌟
Here are some recommended clothing options 👇
- Tops: fitted shirts, tank tops, crop tops, bras, or tee shirts. Shirts should be tucked into pants (no outerwear or second layer of clothing and oversized sweatshirts!)
- Bottoms: skinny pants, shorts or jeans, leggings, athletic bottom, skinny khakis (no sweatpants or loose-fitting pants!)
Few more tips 🤓
- If you have long hair – please tie it up. We need to be able to identify your gorgeous shoulders
- Shoes: Flat shoes or bare feet. No platforms or heels!
- Take off your accessories (watches, AirPods, big earrings, belt)
- Make sure your room is lit well
- The background doesn’t matter, but there should be a contrast between clothing and the background (no all-black outfit against a black wall!)
This is not okay 👇🙄
So, how do you take photos?🧐
You can ask your friend to take photos of you or if you are alone in your apartment you can do it by yourself with our hands-free mode. Just choose the one which fits you best👇
Important: When taking photos, ask your friend to keep the device at a 90°angle at the waistline. The recommended distance between the person taking the photo and the person being scanned is around 7 feet. If you’re using Hands-free mode make sure to stand your phone upright on the table at a 90°angle.
How should you stand?👣
Please, do not stand like this. It makes us sad 😿
Now, as you read all the rules and puns, you are ready to get your long-awaited result!
More of a visual person? Take a look at our awesome video-tutorials with a choice of modes ❤️